Saturday, March 1, 2008

BEFORE 52 O STREET STUDIOS


The Wheeling Wailing Wall

In a flash of good luck, I found my current home at 52 O Street on the gritty heels of a rather short and aborted adventure in Wheeling, WV, where the only project I managed to complete (well, nearly) was an earnest locally-inspired 11′ x 80′ mural I call the Wheeling Wailing Wall along the 2nd floor corridor wall of a rock and roll club called Yesterday’s Draughthouse & Stage.

I look forward to returning to Wheeling next weekend for the wedding of two young friends, and convening another sweet stare at the Wall. Then there’s a hint of some secret aim to negotiate my return to finish it, and tackle a few other pending projects on the ore rusted bank of the once mighty Ohio River that are still calling my name. The haggard old city is begging my photographic eye.

No comments: