Sunday, March 16, 2008

THE BEAVER MILL STUDIOS


Beaver Mill Studios in North Adams, MA

I WAS POISED to move into this building. With 4000 square feet of working studio space, I was convinced I had found my permanant and final working space, large enough for large art. These several large tables would have been tremendous assets for someone with ambitions to open up dozens of boxes with solid projects in each of them.

But reality hit home hard. Home being in DC, North Adams is nearly eight hours away on a good drive. Moving into the Beaver Mill Studios would have taken a tremendous amount of energy and capital, and given my failing health this winter, prospects were bleak that I would be able to suffer what is always an unforgivingly frigid winter in that corner of Massachusetts nestled remotely into the Berkshire Mountains. So...

My pursuit of a credible art form still relies upon my time here at 52 O Street.

No comments: